SEAMS School Module Theory and Its Applications
- Published: 10 September 2014
The South East Asian Mathematical Society initiates the SEAMS School of Mathematics as a series of intensive 7-day workshop. The purpose of this school is to provide opportunity for undergraduate as well as master students to have an advanced learning experience in mathematics, and to introduce a research-based learning.
The Algebra Research Group ITB and Himpunan Peminat Aljabar (HPA) will organize :
The SEAMS School : Module Theory and Its Applications
Date and Location :
NOVEMBER 10-18, 2014
INSTITUT TEKNOLOGI BANDUNG
Objectives of the School
- To introduce students to the fundamental theories and research in Module Theory and and its applications in coding theory;
- To provide young researchers with sufficient knowledge and background to start their research in Module Theory.
- To facilitate contacts between mathematicians working in these areas and the students coming to the School.
The School will introduce students to module theory and its applications. The school will stimulate a good research atmosphere in Indonesia in particular. Such a school can also stimulate an improvement of the quality of our undergraduate and master programs. This is because of the involvement of undergraduate and master students in this school will be high. This school facilitates an opportunity to meet outstanding speakers/researchers from other countries. This opportunity is very rare and expensive to happen in Indonesia. This opportunity is very likely to induce further and new directions of research. Several natural new linkages and cooperation will occur.
The school will focus on the following courses :
- An Introduction to Module Theory, Speakers : Sri Wahyuni, Irawati
- Primeness in Module Category, Speakers : Nguyen Van Sanh, Indah Emilia Wijayanti
- Module Representations, Speakers : Intan Muchtadi, Dellavitha Nasution
- Introduction to Coding Theory over Finite Modules, Speaker : Aleams Barra
Organizing Committee :
Intan Muchtadi, ITB (ntan[at]math.itb.ac.id)
Hanni Garminia, ITB (garminia[at]math.itb.ac.id)
This SEAMS School is supported by CIMPA - IMU - FMIPA ITB.
More information : www.math.itb.ac.id/~ntan/seams-school